WHO WE ARE
LDC is committed to provide unparalleled land development engineering and surveying services to our customers. We pledge to build a lasting relationship with our clients through quality performance, responsive service, and economic integrity to achieve the greatest return on your investment.
QUALITY IS OUR PASSION
For every project, large or small. From the early feasibility phase to final construction. From individual homeowners to publicly traded companies. At LDC, we measure our success by our clients’ satisfaction.
For more than a quarter of a century, we have earned a respected reputation in the industry for top-quality work, hands-on service, and true value.
At LDC, we offer the depth of resources you demand from a large firm—with the attention to detail, flexibility, and personal service you expect from a boutique firm.
Unlock Your Land’s Potential
LDC combines comprehensive knowledge of local regulations with the technical skills and innovative thinking to create the best solutions for any size land development project.
We provide the planning, engineering, and survey experts you need to unlock your land’s potential.
Get to Know Us
We invite you to get to know our team of experienced land development and civil engineering professionals. Find out how you might join the LDC team. And learn how we give back to the communities in which we work.
Engineer I (submit resume)
The Project Engineer I will assist team members on projects from design to construction administration, with an emphasis on design and technical documentation while upholding LDC’s values of empathy, integrity, passion, innovation, and client success through their key accountabilities.
In general, at least 90% of the Project Engineer I’s Focus should be on developing Technical Skills through the following:
- Assist with the preparation of construction documents and associated documentation including:
- Site layouts
- Subdivision plans
- Site plans
- Public improvement plans
- Drainage/floodplain studies
- Grading plans
- Design construction documents and reports including:
- Utility layouts (horizontal and vertical)
- Site grading
- Street design
- Stormwater management facility sizing
- Open channel flow sizing
- Storm and sanitary sewer design
- Erosion siltation controls and BMP’s design
- Transportation engineering
- Utilize SurvCad Design Software, AutoCAD 2018, PondPack, Flowmaster, etc. as required for preparation and design of construction documents.
- Assist in the communication with clientele and local government agencies, such as attending meetings or conferences as needed.
- Collaborate with clients, County officials and sub-consultants to facilitate efficient processing of plans.
- Assist project team in all phases of projects.
- Develop a working knowledge of state, and local standards, policies, permits and procedures and ensure construction documents maintain compliance.
- Perform QA/QC of own work prior to presenting to supervisor.
- Apply institutional knowledge and LDC standards to expedite repetitive tasks and design solutions.
In general, up to 5% of the Project Engineer I’s Focus will be on the following:
- Assist the planning and surveying departments may be required as the workload permits, to include the preparation of feasibility studies, zoning submittals and survey functions, as well as filing, county research and county submittals.
- Complete one educational seminar per year in accordance with the Employee Handbook.
- Participate in LDC learning workshops.
- Communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
Senior Project Manager (submit resume)
Requirements: Four-year bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field, Seven years work experience; EIT Certification preferred; P.E. license within four years preferred.
- Preparation of site layouts, subdivision plans, site plans, public improvement plans, drainage studies, grading studies, floodplain studies, adjoining owner notifications, code updates and occasional cut sheets. Responsibilities will include utility layouts (horizontal and vertical), grading, street design, SWM facilities, open channel flow, storm and sanitary sewer design, erosion siltation controls, BMP’s and transportation engineering. These design components will be completed utilizing SurvCADD Design Software to the maximum extent possible, Flow Master, ACAD 2012, HEC-RAS, HEC-12, etc.
- Assist in the communication with clientele and local government agencies, i.e. attend meetings or conferences as needed. Work with clients, County and sub-consultants to facilitate efficient processing of plans.
- Manage a minimum of one engineering team as designated by Supervisor.
- Management duties to include handling of all monthly billing, preparation of proposals and work orders, and approval of weekly timesheets for the team.
- Assistance to the planning and surveying departments may be required as the workload permits, to include the preparation of feasibility studies, zoning submittals and survey functions, as well as filing, county research and county submittals.
- Complete one educational seminar per year in accordance with the Employee Handbook.
Billing Specialist (submit resume)
Looking to utilize your accounting, billing, and communication skills to make a big impact? Land Design Consultants is seeking a Billing Specialist to join our operations team in our Woodbridge, Virginia office.
Land Design Consultants is a multi-disciplinary civil engineering and planning consultancy with a rich legacy of positively impacting local communities throughout the Washington, DC region. Rooted in community-centered design, our company culture embraces
collaboration, mentorship, integrity, innovation, and growth.
As a Billing Specialist, you will collaborate closely with the senior leadership team to manage and elevate the firm’s accounting functions with an emphasis on streamlining effective billing processes and providing high touch client communication and service.
Core responsibilities include:
• Create, process, and distribute client invoices and monthly statements related to time-based revenue and supportive services including reimbursables and sub-consultant expenses.
• Work with Project Managers and leadership to communicate with clients to resolve payment discrepancies/errors (AR Tracking).
• Coordinate client contact information, special billing requirements and individual project billing fee, phasing, or timing variables.
• Oversee database updates and database management.
• Assist colleagues in learning and understanding Deltek software.
• Communicate effectively and professionally with employees, clients, and consultants.
• Develop methods to share information with the firm’s leadership group to help drive top-line revenue and overall profitability.
• 2+ years of experience in accounting, finance or a related field.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in working experience in accounting, finance, or related field.
• Proficiency in Excel and Accounting based software, preferably Deltek Vision or VantagePoint.
• Demonstrates good judgement and confidentiality.
• Has a passion for collaboration throughout the execution of daily functions.
• Displays excellent attention to detail, communication skills, and adaptability.
Human Resources Generalist (submit resume)
Looking to utilize your human resources experience and passion for people to make a big impact on a growing, employee centric firm? Land Design Consultants is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join our operations team in our Woodbridge, Virginia office.
Land Design Consultants is a multi-disciplinary civil engineering and planning consultancy with a rich legacy of positively impacting local communities throughout the Washington, DC region. Rooted in community-centered design, our company culture embraces collaboration, mentorship, integrity, innovation, and growth.
At LDC, we understand that our business thrives when our employees thrive, and it begins with hiring the right human resources generalist. For a people person who wants to grow a career in the exciting world of HR, this is the best place to dive in.
The Human Resources Generalist will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities, and will help with important functions such as staffing, training and development, compensation, and benefits. Core responsibilities include:
• Suggest new procedures and policies for improving employee experience as well as the efficiency of HR department and company.
• Enhance and conduct new hire pre-boarding, onboarding and benefits orientation /enrollment.
• Manage the annual open enrollment process and work with the firm broker to select benefit offerings.
• Manage payroll processing, including biweekly and semimonthly updates to employee files, bonus/incentive pay, vacation/sick pay, expense reimbursements, hourly-employee validations, and benefits changes.
• Maintain employment files, process required paperwork, and perform data entry to ensure HR systems containing employment-related data are accurate.
• Ensure compliance with local and national regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and procedures when necessary.
• Support leaders and employees in managing employee relations opportunities, issues, or concerns.
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in human resources, business, or related field.
• Proven success working in an HR department.
• Resourceful mindset and strong attention to detail.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness.
• Aptitude for problem-solving and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies.
• Advanced knowledge of HRIS and ability to learn new technical systems, when necessary.
What We Offer
LDC’s benefits reflect our inclusive values and are designed to ensure that all of our people lead happy, healthy, and balanced lives. We offer a robust benefits package including but not limited to:
• Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage.
• Competitive paid time off and paid company holidays.
• Retirement fund with employer contributions.
• Wellness stipend and monthly wellness events.
• Flexible hybrid work options with dual workspace setup.
• Robust professional development support.
JOIN OUR TEAM
We invite you to become part of our team. LDC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Wounded Warriors
- Boys and Girls Club, Prince William County
- Ducks Unlimited
- Osbourn Park High School
- Lorton Arts Foundation
- Prince William Alumni Association of Virginia Tech
- Patriot Legacy Fund
- Serve Our Willing Warriors
- Lowcountry Foundation for Wounded Military Heroes
- Land Development Design Initiative (LDDI)-Virginia Tech
- Patriot Legacy Fund
- Northern Virginia Family Services
LDC entered the 2020 Virginia Association of Surveyors plat contest and won second place. This is an annual contest where contestants submit their plats into five different categories for consideration. LDC submitted a subdivision plat for a three lot Evergreene Homes subdivision along Chain Bridge Road in the City of Fairfax. This plat also dedicated right of way on both Center Street and Chain Bridge Road for public street purposes. Congratulations to Tyler Czajkowski, who was responsible for its preparation and Kevin Vaughn, who was responsible for its review and signature. This plat was entered into the NSPS plat contest as well.
LDC was the recipient of an award from Fairfax County at their Land Conservation and Tree Preservation Awards ceremony regarding extraordinary tree preservation for an infill lot grading plan in McLean, Virginia. LDC is proud to have partnered with Bryton Homes and S.E.S. to ensure the preservation of several existing trees as part of the construction of a new home and septic field.
LDC was the recipient of an award from Fairfax County at their Land Conservation and Tree Preservation Awards ceremony regarding extraordinary tree preservation for Spring Lake, Section 3. LDC is proud to have partnered with Sekas Homes, Ltd. and TNT Environmental to deliver this unique infill community in Vienna, Virginia. The community was the subject of a rezoning approval to construct eight single family detached homes utilizing a private street.
LDC was the recipient of two awards from Fairfax County at their Land Conservation and Tree Preservation Awards ceremony. LDC was the only firm that was a recipient of two or more awards. The awards honor engineers whose project best demonstrate excellence in erosion and sediment control design and implementation or a commitment to tree preservation in the county.