Fairfax County is continuing to roll-out PLUS (Planning and Land Use System) to create and submit applications, pay fees, track status and receive updates. To fully convert to PLUS, ALL online and application and review systems will be unavailable for 10 days. The outage is expected to begin Friday, October 21, 2022 with systems available again on October 31, 2022.
Fairfax County has suggested the following:
Before the Outage:
- Depending on the type of application you are pursuing, please consider starting your application in sufficient time so the outage does not delay your project. Specific details will be available on agency web pages.
- Or delay your permit process, if it’s possible, so you are starting your project in the PLUS system after Oct. 31.
During the Outage (Oct. 21-Oct. 31):
- This transition will require a 10-day shutdown.
- PLUS will be unavailable.
- You will not be able to apply for permits or upload plans during this time.
- The legacy systems, including ProjectDox, FIDO and PAWS, will be in a read-only mode.
- LDS Building Division staff are evaluating the ability to accommodate certain inspections.
- Continuity plans will be in place to address emergency situations for land use related transactions.
- This system outage will not impact staff availability to answer questions via email, telephone, virtual meetings or in person. Please check agency webpages for contact information.
After the Outage (Oct. 31)
- For a couple weeks after the replacement, data from legacy systems (such as ProjectDox, FIDO and PAWS) will still be migrating. Processing of applications, plans and permits could be delayed.
After the final conversion, PLUS will be the central platform for Fairfax County customers to complete their zoning, building, permitting or other land development processes, including creating and submitting applications, paying fees and tracking application status.
For more information about the system and conversion, visit this link: